Cellular Tracking Technologies is a leader in wildlife telemetry and IoT solutions. Cellular Tracking Technologies was founded in 2007 by a team of scientists and engineers who wanted to vastly improve the state of wildlife telemetry. Since then, we have expanded our company on both our wildlife and non-wildlife business lines and have since relocated the company from West Pennsylvania to Rio Grande, New Jersey. We are always seeking talented individuals who can help us grow our business to the next level while also driving exciting advancements in the area of wildlife conservation and research.
Cape May, New Jersey
Cape May is located at the southern tip of the state of New Jersey. We enjoy warm, beautiful beaches in the summer with plenty of fun things to do on the Jersey Shore. The region offers a full four seasons and our winters are mild. The Cellular Tracking Technologies office in Rio Grande, and surrounding certified wildlife habitat, is right in the center of all the fun.
Cape May is home to one of the premiere birding locations in the world due to its unique location and geography. Spring and Fall migration bring many different birds. Cellular Tracking Technologies employees have the unique benefit of being surrounded by some of the top bird researchers in the field. You will be able to see wildlife up close and personal like you never have before!
One main attraction in Cape May are the beaches, with golden sand and warm water temperatures in the 70’s and 80’s. A great place to spend during your time off. Dolphins are frequently spotted off the shoreline. If you don’t already know, you will soon see why families flock from many different states to our beaches and communities.
We are in close proximity to many great destinations including Atlantic City, Philadelphia, New York City, and just a couple hours drive from our nation’s capitol, Washington DC.
We also have close access to several major US airports — including Atlantic City Airport (ACY), PHL, BWI, and the three New York City airports (EWR, JFK, and LGA).
Time Off and Vacation
- All ten federal holidays
- Paid vacation
- Sick days
- Low deductible medical
- Special corporate discounts with area businesses and attractions
- Experience wildlife up close with our State and Federally permitted team of scientsts
- Team field outings
- Authorship opportunities on scientific papers in well known publications
- Help our customers around the world make ground breaking research happen
Sound good so far? We are always actively seeking candidates to join our team. Think you might be a great fit for something we didn’t list? We also will accept resumes for General Consideration.
How to Apply
To be considered, you must send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter referencing position of interest
- At least 3 references
If we consider you a great match at Cellular Tracking Technologies, we will contact you directly. Only suitable applicants will be contacted. We will not accept applications or inquires over telephone. Cellular Tracking Technologies does not accept walk-ins.
Interviews are by appointment only.
- Job Type: Full Time, On Site
- Location: Rio Grande, NJ at Tech Village (Cape May Airport)
- Experience: 0+ Years
- Compensation: Commensurate on Experience
You will assist in producing a variety of high end wildlife telemetry and IoT devices. Experience with soldering, epoxies, plastics, and waterproofing will help you accomplish this goal, but is not required. You will need to pay attention to intricate detail and follow methods and procedures. You must also have a strong willingness to learn new skills and be highly organized. You must show strong work ethic, be willing to follow directions, but then take ownership of the processes. Although preference will be given to candidates that already possess these skills, we will consider and train applicants that we believe show good potential.
Jobs and Responsibilities:
- Precision soldering and desoldering of through hole and surface mount components
- Read schematics to build various PCB circuits or troubleshoot products
- Using test equipment, i.e, multimeters, power monitors, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes
- Assembly of solar charging circuits and panels
- Use conformal coating, epoxies and other polymers
- Use of various tools, such as Dremel and accessories, with good skill
- Team oriented, fast learner, follow processes and directions, and ability to work without close supervision
- Computer skills to load software, log test results, run reports, etc.
We will give preference to candidates with:
- SMT rework and knowledge of mounting and removing SMT components
- Knowledge of lithium battery technology
- Experience with wireless technologies
- Understanding of uploading firmware and troubleshooting of software operations
Embedded Software Developer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Rio Grande, NJ
- Experience: 1-5 years
You will work closely with our lead software developer to develop embedded software for a wide range of tracking and IoT devices. You will need to have a deep understanding of microcontrollers, small memory footprints, low power operating modes, and basic concepts of digital logic.
- C and C++ programming languages, strong understanding of pointers, mastery of debugging tools
- SPI, I2C, UART, 1-Wire, CSI and other microcontroller serial interfaces
- Good understanding of RF and packet radio systems, such as cellular, Bluetooth and other wireless technologies
- Basic soldering skills
- Ability to use test equipment, such as multimeters, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and measuring small amounts of current
- Basic understanding of electronics, including analog and digital logic
General knowledge of bird species, wildlife, and radio telemetry is a definite plus. Experience with Python and C# also a plus.
Entry Level Software Engineer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Rio Grande, NJ
- Experience: 0+ years
We specialize in cutting-edge, internet connected telemetry devices used by world renowned researchers looking for innovative ways to collect, interpret, and visualize data. To meet the needs of our clients, our cloud infrastructure team is always improving on a variety of systems including web and data servers that interact with telemetry devices, client and admin-facing websites, and databases that handle data such as device locations, kinematics, configurations, and diagnostics. These incoming datasets can be millions of records which need to be managed in near real time.
We are looking for a software engineer to work with our cloud infrastructure. As an entry level position, you will have the opportunity to work with experienced engineers to create, prototype, and deploy completed products. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to develop a solution, test thoroughly, then push to production. Our company is wildlife focused, so there are many opportunities to interact with the animals we track.
- Relational database experience
- Linux experience
- Data visualization experience
- Work in our Rio Grande office
- Client-Server data exchange architecture for embedded platforms
- Cloud service experience
- NoSQL database such as MongoDB
- Managing Big data: data analysis libraries such as pandas
Do you enjoy working with leather and looking for some part time contracting work here in Cape May County?
We are seeking an expert leatherworker who has experience sewing belts and animal collars. Must have all equipment required.
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and some examples of your work.
We are always seeking bright individuals to join our team. To apply, include a strong cover letter with how you see yourself fitting in along with your resume to: email@example.com