GREAT FOR MIGRATING SPECIES IN REMOTE AREAS
ES500 - Argos Satellite/GSM Hybrid
The ES500 combines the advanced cellular technology of the ES400, with the global reach of Argos satellite connectivity. With the powers combined, you no longer have to compromise between
We have also improved our positioning system, obtaining signals from not just GPS, but other GNSS constellations, such as GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, and QZSS. The ES-400 uses all 5 of these systems to provide the best possible position in the fastest amount of time. Since the GPS is typically the largest power consumer of a wildlife telemetry device, this drastically reduces power consumption.
We also do not compromise the quality by quickly obtaining inaccurate GPS positions. Our algorithm balances position quality with power consumption, making each position extremely accurate.
Like with our ES-400, Every ES-500 comes with Activity Index, allowing the researcher to quickly analyze behavior for signs of mortality, illness, breeding, and habitat usage. Sensors for temperature, battery voltage, and solar charging are also included.
Flight Mode allows the researcher to capture extremely high resolution and detailed positioning data during times of flight, while reducing the duty cycle at times of rest.
The ES-500 supports multiple nested geofences, which can be used to change duty cycle or alert the researcher of proximity to an area, such as entering the perimeter of a wind farm or other dangerous areas.
Every ES-500 contains a triple axis accelerometer, with options for additional degrees of freedom, such as gyroscope and magnetometer. Other accessories such as pressure sensing, SmartVHF, and the ability to receive LifeTags™ and PowerTags™ are also available.
The ES-500 starts as low as 25 grams, and is available in both solar charging and battery powered variants.
All data from the ES-500 is transmitted to the CTT Data Portal, allowing advanced data analysis within the cloud, along with the ability to export data.
- Patented design
- Internal GSM antenna
- World Band GSM modem
- 2G, 3G, and 4G network capability
- LTE Cat M1 (NB-IoT on request)
- Data service operates on over 400 carriers around the world, in every country Multiple carriers in each country
- AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Alaska Wireless Network and most rural carriers
- Argos Satellite connectivity for when your animal is out of cellular coverage
- Triple axis accelerometer
- Activity Index
- Illness and mortality detection
- Temperature sensor
- Battery voltage
- Solar energy
- GNSS receiver combines GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS and all SBAS systems
- More satellites mean higher accuracy and lower power
- Can store hundreds of thousands of positions
- Provides time, position, altitude, position quality (HDOP, VDOP), and more
Data Collection Modes
- Multiple geofences can drive duty cycle and behavior
- Flight Mode
- Burst Mode Behavior Mode
- Pressure sensor
- Internet of Wildlife™
- Solar recharging
- Battery only
- Goose Collar
- Leg Mount
- Mammal Collar
- Mammal Ear Tag
- Reptile Collar
- Reptile Shell Mount
- And many more