The PowerTag is our battery variant of the LifeTag, allowing the same functionality, but with the ability to transmit day or night. The PowerTag is ideal for nocturnal species or animals that swim or burrow.
Each PowerTag contains a globally unique digital ID, allowing researchers to discern between almost unlimited animals and differentiate between different projects and studies.
Unlike other radio tag technologies, our digital IDs cannot be confused with noise bursts and other false positives.
Some example species for PowerTags include terrapins, box turtles, rodents, kangaroo rats, kiwis, night rails, and song birds.
PowerTags have even been used to track underground burrowing animals.
- Over 4 billion unique digital IDs
- Each PowerTag has globally unique ID
- Configurable transmit times from 2 seconds to 15 seconds
- FSK modulation
- One global frequency
- Battery life of 6 months to multiple years
- Weights start at less than 1 gram
- Rappel harness
- Leg loop
- Glue on
- Many more
Data Collection Networks
- Compatible with the Motus network
- Compatible with CTT’s Internet of Wildlife solutions
- Can be received by Evolution Series 400 and 500 eagle and vulture tracker units with LifeTag receiver option
- Data viewable directly in CTT Data Portal using our Base Station product line