Long-range radio frequency tracking without solar
The CTT PowerTag is our battery-powered variant of the CTT LifeTag™. You get the same functionality, but with the ability to transmit day and night. The PowerTag gives you long-range radio frequency tracking for nocturnal species or animals that swim or burrow.
Each PowerTag contains a globally unique digital ID. This allows you to track unlimited animals across various projects and studies. Unlike other radio tag technologies, our digital IDs cannot be confused with noise bursts and other false positives. So you get clean data you can count on.
The PowerTag works great on many species. For example, the PowerTag is a great system for tracking reptiles such as snakes, diamondback terrapin, sea turtles and box turtles. Other small species like rodents such as kangaroo rats and mice have also been tracked with the PowerTag. You can also document the movement of nocturnally-active birds such as kiwis, rails, and various songbirds. PowerTags have even been used to track flying foxes!
Use the CTT PowerTag with the CTT SensorStation for long-range radio frequency tracking. Add CTT Nodes for fine-scale movement data on your particular species. You can also find your animals in the field with the CTT Locator!
- Over 4 billion unique digital IDs
- Each PowerTag has a globally unique ID
- Configurable transmit rate from 2 seconds to 15 seconds
- FSK modulation
- One global frequency
- Battery life of 6 months to multiple years
- Weights start at less than 1 gram
Methods of Attachment
- Rappole/Leg Loop Harness
Data Collection Networks
- Compatible with the Motus network
- With CTT Nodes to provide fine-scale movement data
- Compatible with CTT’s Internet of Wildlife solutions
- Can be received by Evolution Series 400 and 500 mammal, eagle, and vulture tracker units with LifeTag receiver option
- Data viewable directly in CTT Data Portal using our SensorStation product line