The Evolution Series 400 is our most powerful GSM tracker yet.
With a world band GSM radio, and the ability to transmit on over 400 cellular networks around the world, you will enjoy global coverage — no matter where your animal goes. ES-400 can operate on 2G, 3G, and 4G networks.
We have also improved our positioning system, obtaining signals from not just GPS, but other GNSS constellations, such as GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, and QZSS. The ES-400 uses all 5 of these systems to provide the best possible position in the fastest amount of time. Since the GPS is typically the largest power consumer of a wildlife telemetry device, this drastically reduces power consumption.
We also do not compromise the quality by quickly obtaining inaccurate GPS positions. Our algorithm balances position quality with power consumption, making each position extremely accurate.
Every ES-400 comes with Activity Index, allowing the researcher to quickly analyze behavior for signs of mortality, illness, breeding, and habitat usage. Sensors for temperature, battery voltage, and solar charging are also included.
Flight Mode allows the researcher to capture extremely high resolution and detailed positioning data during times of flight, while reducing the duty cycle at times of rest.
The ES-400 supports multiple nested geofences, which can be used to change duty cycle or alert the researcher of proximity to an area, such as entering the perimeter of a wind farm or other dangerous areas.
Every ES-400 contains a triple axis accelerometer, with options for additional degrees of freedom, such as gyroscope and magnetometer. Other accessories such as pressure sensing, SmartVHF, and the ability to receive LifeTags and PowerTags are also available. Also, we now offer an Argos satellite capability, which is called the ES-500.
The ES-400 starts as low as 15 grams, and is available in both solar charging and battery powered variants.
All data from the ES-400 is transmitted to the CTT Data Portal, allowing advanced data analysis within the cloud, along with the ability to export data.
All of our GSM devices feature an internal antenna. With no external antennas to become damaged by an animal, our transmitters are some of the most reliable in the world.
And for situations where ES-400 may operate outside of coverage areas for long periods of time, we also offer the ES-500 with Argos satellite capability.
- Patented design
- Internal GSM antenna
- World Band GSM modem
- 2G, 3G, and 4G network capability
- LTE and Cat M1/NB-IoT on request
- Data service operates on over 400 carriers around the world, in every country
- Multiple carriers in each country, including all major USA and Canada carriers
- GNSS receiver combines GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS and all SBAS systems
- More satellites mean higher accuracy and lower power
- Can store hundreds of thousands of positions
- Provides time, position, altitude, position quality (HDOP, VDOP), and more
- Triple axis accelerometer
- Activity Index
- Illness and mortality detection
- Temperature sensor
- Battery voltage
- Solar energy
Data Collection Modes
- Multiple geofences can drive duty cycle and behavior
- Flight Mode
- Burst Mode
- Behavior Mode
- 9 Degrees of Freedom Inertial Motion Processor (IMU) with triple axis Acceleration, Gyroscope, and Magnetometer
- Pressure sensor
- LifeTag receiver
- LifeTag transmitter
- Argos (ES-500)
- Solar recharging
- Battery only
- Goose Collar
- Leg Mount
- Mammal Collar
- Mammal Ear Tag
- Reptile Collar
- Reptile Shell Mount
- And many more