Introducing the ES-500 – the world’s first and only GSM telemetry device with Argos Satellite capability. Available now!
You asked, we listened
While cellular data networks can transmit the most information, they are not available everywhere. Argos can work from anywhere, sending limited amounts of your high-precision data.
Now you can have the best of both worlds with the CTT ES-500.
When your animal leaves the GSM coverage area, summary data is transmitted to the Argos network. Critical information, such as the most recent 20+ high-precision positions, device health, activity data, as well as illness or mortality information, can be transmitted from anywhere.
Once your animal returns to the cellular coverage area, our large data sets can be sent over the GSM network, providing you a full, rich data set on migratory patterns and behavior.
Argos hybrid capability is available on tracking devices at 50 grams and above.
Also, with our smart Argos duty cycles, Argos can be configured to transmit only when needed, and certain days of the month. This can substantially reduce Argos data charges, further reducing operating costs.
Exclusive CTT Argos Data Portal
At CTT we take data seriously, and we know you do too. For our Argos users we’ve created a dedicated Argos Data Portal just for you.
From viewing your data in an interactive map, to digging deeper into your transmitter’s health and history, to downloading your data to visualize and analyze however you wish, the CTT Argos Data Portal puts all of the tools at your fingertips in an easy to use format.
This past winter we deployed several of their new ES500 Argos-GSM hybrid units on wintering snowy owls. This is an especially exciting step for us, because for the first time we’ll be able to continue to track our birds in real time as they migrate north into the Arctic, while knowing we’ll get their full, amazingly detailed data sets when the owls come south again and connect with the cellular network. (And if they fail to make it back south, we will for the first time know where they met their fate.) We simply couldn’t do the work we do without CTT.Scott Weidensaul, co-founder Project SNOWstorm (www.projectsnowstorm.org)
- Patented design
- Internal GSM antenna
- World Band GSM modem
- 2G, 3G, and 4G network capability
- LTE and Cat M1/NB-IoT on request
- Data service operates on over 400 carriers around the world, in every country
- Multiple carriers in each country, including all major USA and Canada carriers
- GNSS receiver combines GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS and all SBAS systems
- More satellites mean higher accuracy and lower power
- Can store hundreds of thousands of positions
- Provides time, position, altitude, position quality (HDOP, VDOP), and more
- Triple axis accelerometer
- Activity Index
- Illness and mortality detection
- Temperature sensor
- Battery voltage
- Solar energy
Data Collection Modes
- Multiple geofences can drive duty cycle and behavior
- Flight Mode
- Burst Mode
- Transmit data when out of coverage area or at any set interval
- Cost saving duty cycles
- Option to only transmit when out of coverage area
- Send location, Activity Index, alerts, and transmitter health
- Operates on all Argos satellites
- Data viewable directly in CTT Data Portal
- 9 Degrees of Freedom Inertial Motion Processor (IMU) with triple axis Acceleration, Gyroscope, and Magnetometer
- Pressure sensor
- LifeTag™ receiver
- LifeTag™ transmitter
- Solar recharging
- Battery only
- Goose Collar
- Leg Mount
- Mammal Collar
- Reptile Collar
- Reptile shell mount
- Many other designs available
This item is generally available. Because of the need to customize case and attachment method, please submit an inquiry here and one of our staff will be in contact with you as soon as possible.